Dental implants are titanium posts or frames surgically implanted into the jawbone. Implants can hold a single dental crown, a series of dentures, or a dental bridge. Dental implants are a great option for missing teeth because they provide the same function as natural teeth and can help prevent further tooth loss.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small, biocompatible titanium post that is placed into the jawbone where a tooth is missing. Over the course of several months, the implant and the bone are allowed to bond together through the process of osseointegration. This creates a durable root system for the replacement tooth.
Dental implants can be used to replace a single missing tooth. However, multiple missing teeth can be replaced with implant-supported bridges or implant-supported dentures.
What is the procedure for Dental Implants?
For a simpler, hassle-free smile restoration, look no further than dental implants. They are designed to look and feel like your real teeth, so you can smile with confidence. The dental implant procedure is a multi-step process that must be completed by an experienced implant dentist.
The steps are as follows:
- Initial Consultation: During your first visit, we will perform a comprehensive oral examination, review your medical history, and take X-rays to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for dental implants.
- Dental Implants Placement: Under local anesthesia, our implant dentist will surgically place the implant in your gums.
- Healing: The healing process can take several weeks, during which time you will be provided with temporary crowns to keep your smile looking beautiful.
- Attaching the abutment: Once the implant has fully healed, our Dentist in Fairbanks, AK will attach the abutment to the implant. The abutment serves as the base for your new crown.
- Placing the Crown: Your new crown will be customized to match your surrounding teeth. It will be made from durable materials, like porcelain.
- Final Restoration: Your new smile will be restored, and you can enjoy the benefits of dental implants for years to come!
To find out more about the dental services offered at Bergeron Dental, call (907)-456-5600 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit us at 3112 Airport Way, Suite 2, Fairbanks, AK. Our office is located on the second floor of the Fairbanks Dental Center building.